2018 Toyota Camry vs. 2018 Hyundai Sonata
203 hp, 184 lb-ft of torque
185 hp, 178 lb-ft of torque
301 hp, 267 lb-ft of torque
245 hp, 260 lb-ft of torque
41 mpg highway, 29 mpg city
36 mpg highway, 28 mpg city
The 2018 Toyota Camry has been fully redesigned for the new model year! As a result, it has been getting a lot of positive attention, though the 2018 Hyundai Sonata remains a competitive midsize sedan as well. Still, the Sonata fails to live up to the 2018 Camry in a number of different areas, including:
- Fuel economy
- Standard safety features
Get the full scoop below, and then make the trip to Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville to test drive the new Camry!
Engine Output & Efficiency
Whether you’re looking to save money on gas in Jacksonville Beach or get the most response when you press the gas, the Camry delivers more
than the Hyundai Sonata (or even the Nissan Altima
, for that matter):
- 2018 Toyota Camry – The base engine on the redesigned Camry is a 2.4L inline-four that makes 203 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque and is able to get up to an EPA-estimated 41 mpg highway and 29 mpg city. There’s also a new 3.5L V6 that puts out a robust 301 hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
- 2018 Hyundai Sonata – The Sonata also gets a base 2.4L four-cylinder engine, but it only makes 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque. The most powerful engine in the Sonata lineup makes just 245 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, and there’s no version of this model that gets better than an EPA-estimated 36 mpg highway and 28 mpg city.
When it comes to safety
, both of these models come standard with traction control, stability control, a rearview camera, and a number of airbags. However, the Camry gets driver and front passenger knee airbags, while the Sonata only gets a driver knee airbag. Also, of these two midsize sedans, only the Camry’s base model gets a full package of standard driver assist safety features. The 2018 Camry’s Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
See if the All-New 2018 Toyota Camry is the Right Fit!
At Arlington Toyota, we have a full stock of new Camrys for sale, including a variety of trim levels and color options for folks in Atlantic Beach. Stop by to take a test drive and chat with our finance team about your loan and lease options. Our dealership is located just 15 minutes west of Jacksonville Beach at 10939 Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville, FL. Contact us at (904) 201-4060 to schedule your test drive!