2018 Toyota Corolla vs. 2017 Nissan Sentra
For budget car shoppers in Atlantic Beach, the 2018 Toyota Corolla and 2017 Nissan Sentra are likely at the top of their list of must-drive compact sedans. While both vehicles come in with accessible starting prices, the 2018 Corolla beats out the Sentra in a number of critical areas, including:
Find out more about both of these models from our Toyota dealership in Jacksonville, where you can then take the new Corolla for a test drive.
While both of these sedans come with standard features like Bluetooth®
hands-free calling, cruise control, and a USB port, the 2018 Toyota Corolla
far outclasses the 2017 Nissan Sentra on the technology front
. For example, only the Corolla gets the following features standard:
- 6.1-inch touchscreen with Entune™
- Siri® Eyes Free voice-activated controls
- Rearview camera display
The Corolla and Sentra both cover the safety basics well, coming with a full suite of airbags, traction control, and stability control. However, the 2018 Toyota Corolla blows the 2017 Nissan Sentra out of the water in terms of standard safety thanks to the Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
driver assist package, which comes standard on all 2018 Corollas and includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
Performance Specs & Fuel Economy
When it comes to performance, the 2018 Toyota Corolla again outmatches the 2017 Nissan Sentra:
- 2018 Toyota Corolla – The Corolla’s standard 1.8L inline-four engine makes 132 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque in most cases, but special tuning on the LE Eco increases output to 140 hp, while also helping the Corolla get a max EPA-estimated 40 mpg highway and 30 mpg city.
- 2017 Nissan Sentra – The Nissan Sentra also gets a standard 1.8L four-cylinder engine, but it tops out at just 130 hp and 128 lb-ft of torque and is unable to get more than an EPA-estimated 37 mpg highway and 29 mpg city.
Finance the 2018 Toyota Corolla from Arlington Toyota
We think the choice here is clear! Work with our finance department to bring home the 2018 Toyota Corolla today. We have a number of new Corollas for sale, so reach out to our staff online or by phone at (904) 201-4060 to schedule your test drive. We’re open every day of the week at 10939 Atlantic Blvd in Jacksonville, FL, so stop on in!